It is that time of year again!! Klondike is simply one of my favorite Scouting events – snow, great Dutch Oven food, and cool activities. We have gotten bigger and better every year, and I expect that the trend will continue..!
Please be sure to register using the link below before Thursday, February 15.
Since this is the first outing for the Scouts who just crossed over from Pack 278, I (strongly) recommend that they join us for the day on Saturday.
For those folks who are new to Winter camping, I have attached the following documents:
||A very good Winter camping recommended gear list
(See https://boyslife.org/outdoors/outdoorarticles/6981/checklist-for-a-basic-cold-weather-outing/ for more information)
||Safety-related excerpts from the Klondike Leader Guide. (There are a lot of good tips inside)
Let me know if you would like a copy of the entire document.
||Please bring a completed (and signed!) copy of the permission slip with you to the event.
Finally, here are the event details:
Campout: Boy Scout Klondike: Reverends Ridge Campground, Golden Gate State Park, Blackhawk, CO
DEPART: 4:00pm Friday, February 23, 2018
RETURN: about 11:00am, Sunday, February 25, 2018
BRING: Please plan on bringing the following:
• Winter Clothing: PLEASE bring PAC boots or Snow boots and NO cotton clothing.
(See the attached pdf file for gear recommendations)
• A daypack with the 10 Essentials
• A filled Water Bottle
• A sack dinner for Friday night (“Seasoned” Boy Scouts and adults only)
NOTE: The 2018 Klondike Leader Guide contains a LOT of very useful information about the event and how to camp safely in the winter. I highly recommend reading it if it is your son’s first Klondike event (and even if it isn’t!) We will review the key concepts during troop meetings leading up to the event.
• Adults and Youth Participants: $20
• City Staff or Order of the Arrow volunteers: $14
• New Scouts (Saturday Daytime only): $5
• Saturday Breakfast (“Seasoned” Boy Scouts only): $3
• Saturday Lunch (All participants): $4
• Saturday Dinner (All participants): $5
• Sunday Dinner (“Seasoned” Boy Scouts only): $5
• Adults and Youth Participants: $35
• City Staff or Order of the Arrow volunteers: $29
• New Scouts (Saturday Daytime only): $14
Also, please be sure to provide your driver with $2 for gas money.